Usain Bolt Wins 100m Sprint And Confirms He Will Be Returning For 2016 Olympic Games

Usain Bolt ran his first 100m race in 2014 Leme Beach in Rio de Janeiro and promised to return for 2016 Olympics.


  
The Olympic champion and world record holder Usain Bolt has won his first 100m in 2014 on Sunday in an exhibition race racing event on Copacabana beach in Rio, two years after the 2016 Olympics.

The Jamaican Superstar won in a time of 10.6sec although Bolt had predicted a sub-10sec time when he faces the press on Friday.

Mark Lewis Francis of Great Britain (10.42sec) and Jefferson Liberato Brazil (10.44sec) shared the podium with bolt after a season of injuries hit, ran his first 100m in Brussels in September last year when he won 9.80 sec.

"I had a bad start, but I recovered my composure a little later in the race," Bolt told TV Globo.

"I felt a little heavy, and I need to participate in more races ... I'll be in better shape after."

No comments:

Post a Comment